How to Get WiFi in Your Mercedes-Benz
In this edition of Now You Know with Mia and Jaime learn how to turn your Mercedes-Benz into a WiFi hotspot.
A new and exciting feature that comes with 2018 and select 2017 Mercedes-Benz models is the WiFi Hotspot. The WiFi Hotspot allows you to connect to and browse the internet while you’re on the road, it’s just like the WiFi you have at home but in your Mercedes-Benz.
If your Mercedes-Benz is equipped with a Mercedes-Benz Command System and you have purchased the additionalmbrace® subscription, then you have the ability to set up a personal WiFi Hotspot in your Mercedes-Benz. Follow these steps on how to set up your WiFi Hotspot.
- Press Home on your Mercedes-Benz Command Center
- Scroll all the way to the right and select the System icon
- From the System dropdown, scroll down and select Connectivity
- From the Connectivity dropdown, scroll down and select Set Up Hotspot
- From the Set Up Hotspot dropdown, scroll down and select Activate Vehicle Hotspot
- Once activated, scroll back up and select Connect Device to Vehicle Hotspot
- From your smartphone, go to your WiFi settings and select one of the available MB Hotspot names, either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. ?Wondering which one to choose? Choose 2.4 GHz for basic internet browsing and searching. Choose 5 GHz if you want to upload or download photos or videos.
- Once a Hotspot is selected, enter in the passcode you see displayed on your Mercedes-Benz Command Center and press OK.
Once you’ve activated your subscription, all updated devices can be connected to your Mercedes-Benz WiFi Hotspot. Please note, your WiFi Hotspot runs on 4G LT network coverage.
If you have any questions about your WiFi Hotspot or need any assistance connecting, just stop by our Mercedes-Benz dealership in Stockton, California. We’ll help you connect and get the most out of your Mercedes-Benz.